Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Дата
Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages  ("Marc Linster @ EDB" <marc.linster@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 8:06 PM, Scott Mead <scottm@openscg.com> wrote:

>> > -1.
>> >
>> > I read through this and this is essentially a marketing update.
>>
>> That in itself isn't a bad thing but it will create inconsistencies in the
>> site. For example on:
>> >
>> > https://www.postgresql.org/download/macosx/
>> >
>> > It will now say:
>> >
>> > "Interactive installer by EnterpriseDB"
>> >
>> > Instead of the site/vendor consistent "Graphical Installer"
>>
>> Right and with good reason - it's more accurate. The installers can run in
>> either graphical or text modes interactively (and silent mode in fact).
>

> Is there specific, new functionality targeted at:
>
> "
>
> server environments including bare metal,
>
> virtual environments, and public, private, and hybrid clouds.
>
> "

Nothing particularly new, but there is support for silent and
scripted/parameterised installations that can be used in such
environments, for example via cloud-init.

As I pointed out though, these descriptions haven't been updated in
years. We just want to refresh them with more informative and up to
date information.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages
Сообщение: Re: Updates for PostgreSQL.org one-click installer download pages