Re: config_distro.py missing in pgadmin4 v4.12

От Dave Page
Тема Re: config_distro.py missing in pgadmin4 v4.12
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019 at 1:44 PM Ron.Wildt <Ron.Wildt@target.com> wrote:

Pgadmin Support,

I’m compiling the docker container using the included Dockerfile in the github repo on https://github.com/postgres/pgadmin4 and I ran into 2 issues when using the pgadmin4 repo and couldn’t find anything on them in the online support, documentation, etc. so I’m hopeful this is the right path to find out more and how to address:

The build system requires a few extra steps to setup the environment for building the container. In a nutshell, you should either run $SRCDIR/pkg/docker/build.sh from $SRCDIR, or run 'make docker' from $SRCDIR.

This is covered in the README in the pkg/docker directory, though it doesn't go into a great deal of detail.

Patches would be welcome to remove the need to run build.sh and do everything from the dockerfile.

  1. I had to fully qualify the location of files requiring copying in the below section of the Dockerfile to compile correctly (error shown below):

# original section

# Copy the code

# COPY ./pgadmin4/web /pgadmin4

# COPY ./run_pgadmin.py /pgadmin4

# COPY ./config_distro.py /pgadmin4

# COPY ./entrypoint.sh /entrypoint.sh

# Copy the code

# Added path to file location for compilation (COPY ./pgadmin4/pkg/docker/...)

COPY ./pgadmin4/web /pgadmin4

COPY ./pgadmin4/pkg/docker/run_pgadmin.py /pgadmin4

COPY ./pgadmin4/pkg/docker/config_distro.py /pgadmin4

COPY ./pgadmin4/pkg/docker/entrypoint.sh /entrypoint.sh

After altering the above, I was able to get past this issue, fyi

  1. Missing config_distro.py file, see error message below:

After copying config_distro.py from v4.10, I was able to successfully compile the Docker container, execute and connect to Postgres instances without issue, fyi.

If this is not the proper venue, please let me know how to have the team there address this properly, thank you! 😊

Have a great day!

Thanks,

Ron

Ron Wildt | Lead Engineer | Data Sciences Platform Engineering | 612.304.8592 | ¤Target | 33 South 6th Street, Mpls, MN  55402

Slack:  #datasciences-infra

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com