Is it possible to switch off 'Waiting for the query to complete..."?screen saver ?

От Petr Fedorov
Тема Is it possible to switch off 'Waiting for the query to complete..."?screen saver ?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello

I run a long-running stored procedure which uses RAISE statements to
output debug information. I do see the messages behind "Waiting for the
query to complete ..." window, but when the query ends (with ERROR),
Messages window is cleared and only the latest message is displayed
there.  This is very inconvenient.

The issue can be reproduced using the code below.

do $$begin
raise notice 'debug message1';
raise notice 'debug message2';
-- perform pg_sleep(2);
raise notice 'debug message - last';
end;
$$

Without pg_sleep() the content of Messages window is correct:

NOTICE: debug message1

NOTICE: debug message2

NOTICE: debug message - last

DO

Query returned successfully in 78 msec.

But if one uncomments perform pg_sleep(2): the final result will be
(after Waiting window dismissal):

NOTICE: debug message - last

DO

Query returned successfully in 2 secs 47 msec.

I'm using pgAdmin v4.12 on Fedora 29.   PostgreSQL 11.4 on
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat
4.8.5-36), 64-bit