Re: Greenplum warning message

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Greenplum warning message
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Per Wigren <per.wigren@gmail.com> wrote:

>> What version does GP report itself as if you do "SELECT version()"?
>>

> PostgreSQL 8.2.15 (Greenplum Database 4.3.6.1 build 2) on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.4.2 compiled on Oct  1
> 2015 15:14:22
>
> It was originally forked from PostgreSQL 8.2.15 but they have backported
> and/or developed many of the features of newer versions in parallel (no pun
> intended), including protocol and system table changes used by modern
> drivers and client tools like pgAdmin.

I thought the code they were releasing was supposed to be based on a
newer version?

In any case, in principal I don't object to fixing the message to not
be shown on GP, however we really need someone to test it properly
first to be sure that there are no problems. At one point that was
done by Greenplum, but not at present (as far as I know).
Unfortunately that's not something I or my team at EDB can do.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company