Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Дата
Список pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:36 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'm certainly not against making the information better, I'm just not
> sure that's the best way.

So I tried this with the latest version of Safari, and AFAICT it
just worked --- I got a download without any fiddle-faddle.
I assume what this means is that I'm already logged in, but
if so it was quite some time ago, because I rarely use this.

I'd have to guess you saved the username and password. I'm logged in, and if I click any of the mbox links in Chrome or Safari, I just get a prompt telling me to sign in, with no other details.

Safari has a "remember password" option on that dialog. Chrome does not.

I'd think this means that for most of the people who actually use
this feature there's not going to be a problem.  So I agree that
taking up valuable screen real estate is not a great solution.

Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads