Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Дата
Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
Список pgsql-www

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 2:03 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 3/26/20 9:51 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> I don't see how any of the above, including Dave's patch, make things
>> worse. Again I was just suggesting on how to display the credentials,
>> not adding more steps to downloading the mbox.
>
> Well, Daves patch doesn't cover 2 out of 3 cases, that's a start :)

I'm not clear what cases you're referring to, even after re-reading the thread.

> And it makes it worse in that it goes in the very most "valuable
> space" on the screen, for something that's focused on a tiny portion
> of our users.
>
> I'm certainly not against making the information better, I'm just not
> sure that's the best way.

We could move it to the bottom of the pages. Or add it to this page[1]
and call it a day.

Either would largely guarantee that users don't see it.

I was going to suggest putting a help icon with popup hint on click next to the table header for the column, but then I noticed we don't actually have column headers.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads
Сообщение: Re: Authentication prompt for mbox downloads