Re: Running pgadmin on Windows 7; SSL tunneling

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Running pgadmin on Windows 7; SSL tunneling
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Chris Benenati <cbenenati@impactnw.org> wrote:
> I tried running pgAdmin 3, both versions 1.18.1 (the latest version
> available for Win 7 according to the notes on the download page) and 1.22.1
> (the latest version).  Both crash on my Windows 7 system when I try to do
> almost anything.  Has anybody had any better luck.

Yeah, unfortunately that code (much of which is in a 3rd party
library) has issues.

> I also tried pgAdmin 4, Beta 2, which is documented as working for Win 7.
> However, the dialog for creating a Server connection does not have support
> for SSL tunneling, which is required to get to the database.  Is SSL
> tunneling no longer supported?

Not in v1.0, though you can of course easily setup tunnels yourself
from the command line, then have pgAdmin connect to them.

We do intend to re-add SSH support in a future release, almost
certainly using the OS provided SSH client, or in the case of Windows,
Putty.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com