Re: Appreciation for pgAdmin 4's progress

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Appreciation for pgAdmin 4's progress
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 4:04 AM Avin Kavish <avinkavish@gmail.com> wrote:
First of all since this is an appreciation thread, I want to mention one of my favourite features - the map !!! Being able to view GIS data on a visual map of earth is the best thing ever. It has saved me from countless hours of messing up SRIDs and struggling to get everything right. I can always check the map to see if I've made any mistakes with the st_.. functions. Besides, it's just fun to look at maps :)

I have to plus one better context menus, even as a developer who slams the keyboard quite violently, there are times when I power down, lean back and use one hand to do copy-pastes. But programmatic access to the users clipboard has been limited in web browsers. There's a recent Clipboard API addition with basic support which maybe worth a look.

Question:  Why would anyone ever want to 'Remove Panel', 'Detach Panel', or 'Add Panel' (the only options in the current query tool context menu)?

Yeah, why are these options everywhere, wouldn't it suffice to have them on the tabs and show different context menus elsewhere? Maybe instead of hijacking the right click on the query editor just let the click pass through and be handled with the default context menu shown by browsers.

They are put there by the underlying layout library. Patches are welcome to change that.