Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [PlumAdmin][Weekly Design Update]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] [PlumAdmin][Weekly Design Update]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Thanks, Dave!
>
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 4:23 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Shirley Wang <swang@pivotal.io> wrote:
>>
>> Why don't you use the subnode control that we use when expanding rows in
>> other grids? That will provide consistency in design which is key to a good
>> user experience.
>

> I'm not sure what the subnode control is, would you be able to attach an
> image of what you mean?

See attached. It's the panel that expands when the Edit icon on a row
is clicked (in this case, the c1 column). We discussed it in our call
last week.

> Yep, from our interviews we found that the reason people want to see recent
> queries is to iterate on it. So being able to see the full query and
> manipulate it somehow is important.
>

>> I prefer that layout.
>

> Any particular reason why?

It seems like a more natural position - away from the text so it's not
intrusive, but still highly visible.

Regards, Dave.

--
Dave Page