Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4]

От Dave Page
Тема Re: User management functionality patch [pgadmin4]
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Harshal,

Dave asked to put the User Management menu under the 'Change Password' (right top side).

Correct - that way it won't be displayed in desktop mode. Other comments:

- If I type an email address, then hit tab to select a Role, I immediately get an error saying that the role cannot be empty and the control loses focus. I should be able to add a user using just the keyboard.

- In general I'm seeing validation errors before I've had a chance to enter values. I should only see them if the appropriate field has lost focus.

- Role names should be "Administrator" and "User".

- The Close button should be disabled if errors are present.

- If I enter all the details for a new user and then hit Close, the dialog is closed and the new user is NOT added. I have to click something else first so the row loses focus, and then click close.

- The styling of the Add button and header does not match other grids (blue background for the header, title in white on the left, grey "ADD" button with no icon. The search box should be pushed right, to the left of the button as well I think.

- s/Search by email/Filter by email

- s/New Password/New password

- s/Confirm Password/Confirm password

- The font on the Close button doesn't match what's on the properties dialogues (looks like a global issue)

- The minimum size of the dialogue should be set such that the dialogue is usable at mimimum size, e.g. all columns shown, with 2 rows.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company