Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues
Дата
Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues  (vnicolici <vladnc@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Mark Lascelles <mark@lascell.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If this is not the correct place for pgAdmin 4 feedback, please let me know.
> I am trying to switch to pgAdmin 4, even though its beta, because pgAdmin 3
> often crashes, and I lose work - I see that is a known issue, but am not
> sure if a fix is in progress?
>
> Anyway, in pgAdmin 4, I have noticed the following when Opening a File in
> Query Tool:
>
> - Clicking the icon to open the "Select file" popup is very slow (Windows
> 10). >3 seconds for pgAdmin4 wheras <1 second for pgAdmin 3.
>
> - I am presented with a list of directories, but no idea which
> drive/directory I'm already in (e.g. C:\) and no obvious way to switch to my
> other drives where the files I want are located. I can't edit the file path
> directly to change this. This makes pgAdmin 4 unworkable for me currently.
> Beta 1 did allow directory changes.
>
> - Only the first 10 characters of filenames are shown even though there's
> much more space available. This means I can't distinguish between a lot of
> the files I need to.
>
> - When viewed as a tables, the order of directories seems random - not by
> name, size or date, and ordering by those columns doesn't work
>
> I appreciate the preference for a consistent look and feel, but the native
> Windows Open File dialog (as used in pgAdmin 3) seems quicker and more fully
> featured e.g. I can rename and move files and directories within it. Perhaps
> it doesn't work with the new web based paradigm though.
>
> I appreciate the work you are doing,

Hi

It uses it's own dialogue because it has to work with file storage
either on the local machine in desktop mode, or on the server if
running in server mode. You can control the root of the storage area
by specifying a path in the config_local.py file - this is the
default:

# Storage Manager storage url config settings
# If user sets STORAGE_DIR to empty it will show all volumes if platform
# is Windows, '/' if it is Linux, Mac or any other unix type system.

# For example:
# 1. STORAGE_DIR = get_drive("C") or get_drive() # return C:/ by default
# where C can be any drive character such as "D", "E", "G" etc
# 2. Set path manually like
# STORAGE_DIR = "/path/to/directory/"
STORAGE_DIR = os.path.join(   DATA_DIR,   'storage'
)

In desktop mode, you should have access to all filesystems.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company