Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 1.0-beta4 - Query Tool, Select file popup issues  (vnicolici <vladnc@gmail.com>)
Список pgadmin-support

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM, vnicolici <vladnc@gmail.com> wrote:

You said “As I've pointed out a number of times now, it is not possible to use the native file dialogues because of the security imposed by webkit (the same browser engine as is used in Chrome and Safari).”

I use Slack and it is also based on webkit, and it uses the native file dialog for file uploads.

If you selectively edit what I wrote, it'll always be easy to argue a point with me. Please read the paragraph in full:

As I've pointed out a number of times now, it is not possible to use the native file dialogues because of the security imposed by webkit (the same browser engine as is used in Chrome and Safari). Those security measures minimise the use of the dialogues to downloading files and form based uploads, which would make use of them very cumbersome for this purpose. We wouldn't be able to track recently used files and allow them to be opened from a menu, nor would we be able to to "Save" a file - it would always be "Save As", with no way for us to control the default directory (even if it was a file you just opened).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company