Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM

От Sachin Kotwal
Тема Re: Impact on PostgreSQL due to Redhat acquisition by IBM
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Wed, Nov 14, 2018 at 7:08 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 11/13/18 11:04 PM, Sachin Kotwal wrote:
> Hi PostgreSQL lovers,
>
> I heard news that Redhat is going to acquired by IBM. IBM has its on
> database. And they have history of selling applications with their own
> hardware (software and hardware together).
>
> As per my knowledge PostgreSQL community has better support for Redhat
> family than any other platforms.

Not seeing it:

https://www.postgresql.org/download/

> Does community is going to support/focus more Debian platforms ?
> Does community has any plan to switch their main supported platform?

There is no main supported platform. There is the source and there are
packaging built off the source. The packaging is done by a diverse group
of people. So for example the RPMS:

https://yum.postgresql.org/contact.php

Devrim Gündüz   EDB

Jeff Frost      PGX

Craig Ringer    2ndQuadrant

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Looks like no one have clear idea yet and deal also not completely done.
Hope Redhat community support will continue same as earlier.

Let's wait until something will announce by community is coming days.

Thanks all for your inputs.

Regards,
Sachin

--