Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module

От Sachin Kotwal
Тема Re: error while installing auto_explain contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Tom,

Thanks for reply.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Sachin Kotwal <kotsachin@gmail.com> writes:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
> wrote:
>> Did you install the 9.3.11 server from source also?

> Yes. I have clone git repository and checkout for  pg-9.3.11

The reason for that question is that the most obvious explanation for this
failure is that the auto_explain build is seeing a different value for
PG_USE_INLINE than the main server build did.

Ok. But I am not getting getting why auto_explain is doing that.
All pg_config parameters have correct value as per my installation posted in last mail.

Is it correct behaviour of auto_explain or it is bug ?

So probably your include
path is picking up a pg_config.h that does not match the postgres
executable the link is happening against.

                        regards, tom lane

If pg_config showing following as INCLUDEDIR path

INCLUDEDIR = /Users/sachin/pg_git_install/9.3.11/include

How it can take pg_config.h from different include path?

Can you tell me where i should look in auto_explain to fix this?

--

Thanks and Regards,
Sachin Kotwal