Re: pg_get_publication_tables() output duplicate relid

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: pg_get_publication_tables() output duplicate relid
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 5:44 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 12:02 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> > So yeah, documenting the ATTACH issue as a limitation sounds like the
> > best course for now.  I might word it as follows and add it under
> > Notes at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-createpublication.html:
> >
> > "ATTACHing a table into a partition tree whose root is published using
> > a publication with publish_via_partition_root set to true does not
> > result in the table's existing contents to be replicated."
>
> Instead of "to be", shall we use "being"?

That reads better.

> > I'm not sure there's a clean enough workaround to this that we can add
> > to the paragraph.
> >
> > Does that make sense?
> >

> Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I think the case with
> "publish_via_partition_root = false" should work but please test it
> once.

Yeah, I did test that case to compare and didn't see a problem with it.

> The other thing which we need to consider about all these fixes
> is whether to back patch them or not. I think it is on case to case
> basis. I feel this limitation should be documented and backpatched,
> what do you think? Feel free to submit patches accordingly.

I agree with backpatching the doc fix.  I've attached a diff against
master, though it also appears to apply to 13 and 14 branches.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения