Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: BUG #17055: Logical replication worker crashes when applying update of row that dose not exist in target partiti
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 9:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> > This error happens when logical replication target is partitioned table.
>
> Thanks for the report!  This one reproduces on HEAD as well as v13.

+1, confirmed here too.

> Also, people should be aware that this one causes the logrep worker
> to crash repeatedly, which will fill your disk with core files
> quite quickly.

Thanks for this tip.

The problem is that apply_handle_tuple_routing() marches on as if it
could go ahead and update a tuple that it was just told doesn't exist.

Attached fixes the problem for me.  Not sure if adding a test case makes sense.

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения