Re: Postgres 11 release notes

От Amit Langote
Тема Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 7:24 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 10:21:16AM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:

> > > Yeah, I agree that "a partition key" is not the right term to use there
> > > (and that term is used in the press release text also).  However I don't
> > > think "remaining" is the right word there either, because it sounds as
> > > if you're removing something.
> > >
> > > For the Spanish translation of the press release, we ended up using the
> > > equivalent of "for the data that does not match any other partition".
> >
> > Yeah, "any other partition" is what the existing description uses too, so:
> >
> > Having a "default" partition for storing data that does not match any
> > other partition
>
> Uh, what text are you talkinga about?  I see this text in the release
> notes since May:
>
>         The default partition can store rows that don't match any of the
>         other defined partitions, and is searched accordingly.

I was commenting on the Jonathan's patch upthread [1] whereby he
proposed to add a line about the default partition feature in the
major partitioning enhancements section at the top.

The existing text that you'd added when creating the release notes is fine.

> The press release?

Yeah, Alvaro pointed out that the press release has inaccurate text
about the default partition, but that's a separate issue, which I was
unaware of.

Thanks,
Amit

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/dcdbb9e9-cde2-fb78-fdb6-76d672d08dbc%40postgresql.org