[GENERAL] Sample in documentation

От Igor Korot
Тема [GENERAL] Sample in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, ALL,
I tried to implement the code found in
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-example.html.

On Windows with MSVC 2010 and Liniux with gcc-5.4 it compiled fine.

However on OSX 10.8 with:

[code]
Igors-MacBook-Air:dbhandler igorkorot$ gcc --version
Configured with:
--prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
--with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
Apple LLVM version 5.1 (clang-503.0.40) (based on LLVM 3.4svn)
Target: x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0
Thread model: posix
[/code]

I am getting an error:

[quote]
Non-constant-expression cannot be narrowed from type 'size_t' (aka
'unsigned long') to 'int' in initializer list
[/quote]

on the line that tries to create a length[2] array.

Now I should probably change it to "size_t length{2}" instead of "int
length[2]", but
I feel that this should be changed in the documentation.

That is unless I'm missing something and this official sample is correct.

Thank you.