Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer

От Igor Korot
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian,

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 5:52 PM, Adrian Klaver
<adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
> On 05/23/2017 09:12 AM, Igor Korot wrote:
>>
>>   Hi, ALL,
>> Is it possible to have just libpg installer for main OSes: Win, Linux,
>> Mac?
>

> AFAIK there is no libpg library. I going to assume you mean the client
> library libpq. The package systems for Linux and OS X allow you to install
> just the --client package which I believe is what you want.
>
> If not then you will need to be more specific.

Yes, I mean libpq.
Now yes, I can install it from the package manager or from source by
just running
../configure and then make inside src/interface, since I can't find
the binaries anywhere.

Especially for OSX as I have 10.8 here.

Now, what about Windows? Is there any prebuilt libraries I can use
from MSVC 2010?

>> And then just the source code of the client library to compile, since
>> I don't have latest OSX available?
>

> I don't understand the above.
>
> If you have it installed why would you want to compile it?

See above.
I couldn't find any links which says "This is the dmg package for
libpq that will run on
OSX 10.{6,7,8,9,10,11}". Google didn't help.
That's why I'm talking about compiling from source.

Unless there is another way.

Thank you.

> Again, if I am misunderstanding can you be more specific?
>

>> Thank you.
>>

> --
> Adrian Klaver
> adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Have just libpg installer