Re: Fwd: Log file

От Igor Korot
Тема Re: Fwd: Log file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, guys,
For some reason this reply was in my "Spam" folder (gmail service).
I guess moving to the new mailer service is not completely safe for "Spam".

So replying now - apologies to be late.

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 2:00 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:

> Igor Korot wrote:
> > Now is there a command to flush the log - delete the content of it?
>
> No, managing the logs is outside of PostgreSQL's responsibility.
>
> But it shouldn't be a problem to do this outside the database.
> Of course you could write a funtion in PostgreSQL that uses one
> of the "untrusted" procedural languages to do it for you.

Ok.
I guess I will have to write such function.

> > All I'm looking for in the log are DDL commands - CREATE/ALTER/DELETE ones.
>
> You mean DROP, right?

Yes, sorry.

> You can set "log_statement = 'ddl'" for that.

That's what I did.
But now I need to find a way to read the log file by the regular user
and not the "postgres" one.

Thank you.

> Yours,
> Laurenz Albe
> --
> Cybertec | https://www.cybertec-postgresql.com

Сообщение: Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs
Сообщение: Re: why select count(*) consumes wal logs