Re: patch: psql - enforce constant width of last column

От Ahsan Hadi
Тема Re: patch: psql - enforce constant width of last column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 8:16 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

út 17. 9. 2019 v 17:06 odesílatel Ahsan Hadi <ahsan.hadi@gmail.com> napsal:
Hi Pavel,

I have been trying to reproduce the case of badly displaying last columns of a query result-set. I played around with the legal values for psql border variable but not able to find a case where last columns are badly displayed. Can you please share an example that I can use to reproduce this problem. I will try out your patch once I am able to reproduce the problem.

you need to use pspg, and vertical cursor.

vertical cursor should be active

okay thanks for the info. I don't think it was possible to figure this out by reading the initial post. I will check it out.

does this patch have any value for psql without pspg?

\pset border 1
\pset linestyle ascii
\pset pager always

select * from generate_series(1,3);