Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10 Nov 2021, at 13:37, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>
> On 2021-Nov-10, Michael Paquier wrote:
>
>> I would not have bothered changing things if the names of the modules
>> were the same across stable branches to minimize merge conflicts.
>>
>> However, everything has changed on HEAD, so there is a good argument
>> for simplifying the tests as you are proposing here.  Any thoughts
>> from others?
>
> I agree with your reasoning..

Agreed, if we are ever to do it now would be the time.

> ..but I wonder what's the *benefit* of removing those includes.  IOW, what's
> the reason not to simply drop the patch?

I think the value is mostly neatnikism, the actual effect on runtime is
unlikely to be measureable.  I won't argue against doing it, but I suspect
we'll just slowly add a lot of these back as tests evolve making excercise
less useful.