Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests
Дата
Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Re: Removed unused import modules from tap tests  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
>> On 10 Nov 2021, at 13:37, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
>> ..but I wonder what's the *benefit* of removing those includes.  IOW, what's
>> the reason not to simply drop the patch?

> I think the value is mostly neatnikism, the actual effect on runtime is
> unlikely to be measureable.  I won't argue against doing it, but I suspect
> we'll just slowly add a lot of these back as tests evolve making excercise
> less useful.

Yeah, that last was pretty much my reaction.  I don't know enough about
Perl to be sure how much an unused import costs, but I suspect you're
right that it won't be measurable in context, considering that most of
these test scripts run at least one initdb.