Postgres on polyserve cluster file system

От Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67
Тема Postgres on polyserve cluster file system
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

We are going to be moving our production postgres databases to new SAN
with polyserve clustering filesystem. Can anyone running postgres on
polyserver tell us what file system mount options should we use to get
best performance?

Our existing san with ext3 filesystem mounted with "
rw,noatime,data=writeback " gives us good performance. In our new san
with polyserve we have mounted files with options "psfs
rw,dboptimize,shared,data=ordered " and we are getting poor performance
as compared to existing san with ext3. For eg: A restore of a 15 G
database on our existing san with ext3 take 45 min but the same restore
on san with ployserver takes 1 hr 40 mins. I used the wal_sync_method =
fdatasync and still the restore time with polyserve was 1 hr 40 mins.
Removing the dboptimize option gave little better performance but was
still half hour more compared to etx3. So can some one please suggest
what mount options should we use to get good performance out of
polyserve. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Paramjeet Bhella