backup and recovery

От Mark M. Huber
Тема backup and recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all I am reasonable new to postgres so any direction that you can give in the regards I am sure will be helpful so
thanksvery much in advance.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or what exactly is going on. I have a db that I pg_dumped some tables out
ofand trying to recover them has taken more than 15 hours and these tables only one of them has over 500,000 rows so
whatam I missing?

It seams that any backup and recovery sucks. My main db backup takes over two hours to complete and 13 hours to recover
whatam I doing wrong? Any hints?ideas? Recommendations?

Mark M. Huber
DataBase Administrator
(702)-938-9300
markh@vmdirect.com