Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun 12, 2024, at 8:43 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:

>> Right, it’s just that extension authors could use some notification that such a change is coming so they can update
theircode, if necessary.

> I think since around 6 years ago we have been much more vigilant about avoiding ABI breaks.  So if there aren't any
morerecent examples of breakage, then maybe that was ultimately successful, and the upshot is, continue to be vigilant
atabout the same level?

That sounds great to me. I’d like to get it documented, though, so that extension and other third party developers are
awareof it, and not just making wild guesses and scaring each other over (perhaps) misconceptions.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Add support to TLS 1.3 cipher suites and curves lists
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time