Re: How to craft a query that uses memory?

От
Тема Re: How to craft a query that uses memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Albe Laurenz wrote on Friday, June 19, 2015 12:56 PM:
> Holger Friedrich wrote:
> > So how do I craft a query that actually does use lots of memory?

> You increase the parameter "work_mem".

> You can do that globally in postgresql.conf or with SET for one session or with SET LOCAL for one transaction.

Thank you to both Albe Laurenz and Andreas Kretschmer, who both gave the same advice.  It was spot-on:  my query
actuallyseems to be good for a performance study, setting work_mem to various values causes the query planner to either
sortin memory or on disk, and of course this has some impact on performance.

(Sorry for erroneously asking for suggesting a "better" query, rather than for tuning my configuration, which turned
outto be the sensible thing to do...)

Best regards,
Holger Friedrich

Сообщение: Re: Transaction abort difference between psql, isql, ODBC and JDBC pgsql 8.4
Сообщение: Re: Transaction abort difference between psql, isql, ODBC and JDBC pgsql 8.4