Re: Transaction abort difference between psql, isql, ODBC and JDBC pgsql 8.4

От Glyn Astill
Тема Re: Transaction abort difference between psql, isql, ODBC and JDBC pgsql 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-general

transaction,this prevents future selects within transaction, until rollback or commit (and hence, new transaction). I'm
okaywith this.

> [...]
>        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:508)
>        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:370)
>        at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:250)
>        at t.main(t.java:56)
>
>I'm just selecting version() before and after a duplicate insert. Again the transaction is aborted.
>
>But with ODBC in isql, and with other ODBC apps, we get this:
>
>+---------------------------------------+
>| Connected!                            |
>|                                       |
>| sql-statement                         |
>| help [tablename]                      |
>| quit                                  |
>|                                       |
>+---------------------------------------+
>SQL> begin transaction
>SQLRowCount returns -1
>SQL> select 1
>+------------+
>| ?column?   |
>+------------+
>| 1          |
>+------------+
>SQLRowCount returns 1
>1 rows fetched
>SQL> insert into conc values(1,'mouse');
>[23505][unixODBC]ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "conc_key";
>Error while executing the query
>[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLExecute
>SQL> select 1
>+------------+
>| ?column?   |
>+------------+
>| 1          |
>+------------+
>SQLRowCount returns 1
>1 rows fetched
>
>The transaction is not aborted with ODBC, but is with JDBC
>
>My odbcinst.ini says:
>

># Driver from the postgresql-odbc package
># Setup from the unixODBC package
>[PostgreSQL]
>Description     = ODBC for PostgreSQL
>Driver          = /usr/lib/psqlodbc.so
>Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
>Driver64        = /usr/lib64/psqlodbc.so
>Setup64         = /usr/lib64/libodbcpsqlS.so
>FileUsage       = 1
>

>and the driver odbc.ini:
>[e5]
>Description         = Test to Postgres
>Driver              = PostgreSQL
>Trace               = Yes
>TraceFile           = sql.log
>Database            = e5
>Servername          = localhost
>UserName            =
>Password            =
>Port                = 5432
>Protocol            = 6.4
>ReadOnly            = No
>RowVersioning       = No
>ShowSystemTables    = No
>ShowOidColumn       = No
>FakeOidIndex        = No
>ConnSettings        =
>

>I don't mind which way it works, either aborting transactions after failed dml, or not. But I would like to know why
thebehavior is inconsistent between connection methods. Even if the answer is 'upgrade' or "you've messed a setting up"

I think you're after the PROTOCOL option, see:

https://odbc.postgresql.org/docs/config.html

От: Gary Cowell
Сообщение: Transaction abort difference between psql, isql, ODBC and JDBC pgsql 8.4
Сообщение: Re: How to craft a query that uses memory?