Re: Implement a column store for pg?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Implement a column store for pg?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 15 Sep 2023, at 14:31, jacktby jacktby <jacktby@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to implement a new column store for pg, is there a good example to reference?

There are open-source forks of postgres that have column-stores, like Greenplum
for example.  Be sure to check the license and existence of any patents on any
code before studying it though.  The most recent attempt to make a column-store
for PostgreSQL was, IIRC, zedstore.  The zedstore thread might give some
insights:

https://postgr.es/m/CALfoeiuF-m5jg51mJUPm5GN8u396o5sA2AF5N97vTRAEDYac7w@mail.gmail.com

--
Daniel Gustafsson