Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Testing Postgresql v6.3

От Matt Aycock/IntelliQuest
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Testing Postgresql v6.3
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [QUESTIONS] Testing Postgresql v6.3  (Maarten Boekhold <maartenb@dutepp2.et.tudelft.nl>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

Could we not just create a symbolic link from libpq.so -> Current version.
Then only those who need to use
a different version from the default would have to make any changes.

Matt

> At 15:17 -0000 on 5/3/98, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>

> >     You should technically be able to run it on a different port,
> > *but* you might have problems with the shared libraries, where trying
to > > run v6.3 is seeing v6.1's shared libraries, and won't work...

> May I make a suggestion? In future versions, include the version number
in > the names of the libraries.

Then everyone has to update all their Makefiles after an upgrade.