Re: Replication: re-initialisation of failed master

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: Replication: re-initialisation of failed master
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi.

3 марта 2015 г., в 22:59, Rob Emery <re-pgsql@codeweavers.net> написал(а):

Hello all,

We run a 2 node setup replicating between a master and synchronous slave, currently when we want to failover we basically kill the master off, create a recovery file and re-point the traffic via a DNS record etc, we're looking at implementing a corosync/pacemaker setup shortly.

Once we're running with the old secondary as the master the only way we have to re-stage the old master is to use pg_basebackup against the new master to replace the previous master's data directory.

It feels that given how little has probably changed on the new master versus the old master that there should be a faster way of re-initializing the old master as a slave. Is there some sort of short-cut speedup I'm missing here? I suppose I'm mainly curious as to what techniques most admins use to accomplish this!

https://github.com/vmware/pg_rewind is the solution for your problem.

Thanks in advance
Rob

March Newsletter  - Customers want a high quality ‘clicks & bricks’ F & I experience

Last Month Product Highlights

Codeweavers Ltd | Barn 4 | Dunston Business Village | Dunston | ST18 9AB
Registered in England and Wales No. 04092394 | VAT registration no. 974 9705 63

--
May the force be with you…

Сообщение: Re: Replication: re-initialisation of failed master
Сообщение: Re: Replication: re-initialisation of failed master