Re: pg_dump failure in tar format.

От Tomeh, Husam
Тема Re: pg_dump failure in tar format.
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I was told that because the data is on postgres 8.0 and I'm trying to
restore on another database which 7.3 that I can not do that. However,
researching more, I could not find a proof to what I was told, So, I
will try to use -Fc  instead. Do you agree that I can restore with -Fc
regardless of the different versions of the databases?

Pg_dump is running against 8.0 database
Pg_restore is running against 7.3 database

Thanks,

--
 Husam Tomeh
 Sr. Database Administrator
 First American Real Estate Solutions
 Direct: (714) 701-5674
 E-mail: htomeh@firstam.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 5:18 PM
To: Tomeh, Husam
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] pg_dump failure in tar format.

"Tomeh, Husam" <htomeh@firstam.com> writes:
> I'm getting the following error message (postgres 8.0):

> pg_dump: [tar archiver] could not write to tar member (wrote 2128,
> attempted 3738) when I run pg_dump with -Ft (tar format).

IIRC there are size limitations in the tar format.  Is there a reason
you don't use -Fc instead?

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump failure in tar format.
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump failure in tar format.