Re: OID's

От Michael Glaesemann
Тема Re: OID's
Дата
Re: OID's  ("Joolz" <joolz@arbodienst-limburg.nl>)
Re: OID's  (Kostis Mentzelos <mentzelos@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
On Nov 15, 2004, at 3:52 PM, Jamie Deppeler wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am planning to use OID for referencing as instead PK -->> FK on
> this situation would require alot of tables, OID would seen to nice
> solution.
>
>  My worry with OID's is when i do SQL dump and rebuild the Database
> will OID will change making referencing certain  records impossible.

Don't use OIDS. Just add a nice SERIAL column to the tables you want as
foreign keys (and if you have questions about sequences, check the
FAQ).

OIDS are a system level implementation. They are no longer required
(you can make tables without OIDS) and they may go away someday. Plus,
you avoid nastiness like OID wraparound.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com

(Is it just me, or have there been a slew of these OID posts lately?)