Re: installing from source in Windows

От Turner, John J
Тема Re: installing from source in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I began to suspect my version of WinZip was lousing up the pg source
files when it dropped files from a zlib.tar I was trying to install.

So, I installed 7-zip and unpacked the pg source with that..
 - I ran ./configure --without-zlib

Then: make world
Success!

(then: make install-world)

So, now it's a hot mess of something - looks a far cry from the binary
version I originally downloaded, but supposedly it's installed

Pgxs looks to be in there too deep in a test path...

I think I'll need to sleep on it before I can make heads or tails of the
installed tree -- but tremendous thanks for all the help!  I'd be lost
otherwise.

Cheers,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Ringer [mailto:craig@postnewspapers.com.au]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 8:20 PM
To: Turner, John J
Cc: List, Postgres
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] installing from source in Windows

On 19/10/2010 5:58 AM, Turner, John J wrote:

> Here's a question:  is my source download getting mangled by unpacking
> with WinZip instead of gzip?

I doubt it. I use 7-zip on Windows without problems. You certainly don't

need to use gzip and GNU tar.

I'm pretty puzzled about why c.h isn't seeing the macro definitions set
by configure - but not puzzled enough to want to suffer though
msys/mingw/autohell on Windows when the VC build "just works".

--
Craig Ringer