Re: installing from source in Windows

От Turner, John J
Тема Re: installing from source in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I retried after make maintainer-clean and same problem -

Here's a question:  is my source download getting mangled by unpacking
with WinZip instead of gzip?

I'm beginning to suspect so.

I don't have gzip installed.  And frankly, I don't know how - the GNU
site doesn't seem to have a step-by-step..

Anyway, thought I'd throw that out there as a possible cause for a
failed source build...

Thanks,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig Ringer [mailto:craig@postnewspapers.com.au]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 1:39 AM
To: Turner, John J; List, Postgres
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] installing from source in Windows

On 10/18/2010 12:29 PM, Turner, John J wrote:

> Craig, thanks for having a go at it - and thanks for all the help thus
> far!

OK. According to your config.log, configure tests "long int" and
determines it's only 32 bits, so tries "long long int" and determines
that it's 64 bits wide. So there is a 64-bit type available. This sets
HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64=1 .

That should cause this test in c.h to pass:

#ifdef HAVE_LONG_INT_64
// blah blah
#elif defined(HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64)
// blah blah
#else
/* neither HAVE_LONG_INT_64 nor HAVE_LONG_LONG_INT_64 */
#error must have a working 64-bit integer datatype
#endif

... but the error you're getting suggests that it doesn't.

Have you re-tried all this on a clean source tree, running under the
msys shell from start to finish?

--
Craig Ringer