Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 8 Feb 2022, at 01:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> * If I make my_sock_write ignore EPIPE/ECONNRESET, as per the
> attached entirely-uncommitable patch, the errors go away.

I can confirm that I wasn't able to reproduce the errors with the attached (and
the sleep() removed) running the tests over and over in a loop on Linux and
OpenBSD.  Moreover, I was also unable to reproduce the error when only ignoring
EPIPE.  When only ignoring ECONNRESET it worked intermittently on OpenBSD (but
all the time on Linux as expected).

> ..could we get away with ignoring EPIPE/ECONNRESET in writes during connection
> startup?  We'd notice the failure soon enough on the read side if it's not this
> problem.  (This seems a bit related to libpq's other hacks that postpone
> recognition of write failures.)

Off the cuff I can't think of a case where it would lead to adverse effects
*during startup*.