Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #17391: While using --with-ssl=openssl and PG_TEST_EXTRA='ssl' options, SSL tests fail on OpenBSD 7.0
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 8 Feb 2022, at 01:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> ..could we get away with ignoring EPIPE/ECONNRESET in writes during connection
>> startup?  We'd notice the failure soon enough on the read side if it's not this
>> problem.  (This seems a bit related to libpq's other hacks that postpone
>> recognition of write failures.)

> Off the cuff I can't think of a case where it would lead to adverse effects
> *during startup*.

Just to note that I have a plan for fixing this part.  I've concluded
that it was a design error to implement the write_failed error
postponement mechanism in pqSendSome, and instead we should shove it
down a couple of abstraction layers into pqsecure_raw_write.  This'd
visibly have no effect on non-encrypted connections, because
pqSendSome is the only caller of pqsecure_write.  But in encrypted
connections, we'd be additionally allowing write-failure postponement
during OpenSSL's internal machinations, which seems to be exactly
what's wanted now that we have seen this failure mode.

There are some details to work through, but I hope to have a patch
soon.