Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: [HACKERS] removing tsearch2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Feb 14, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> It's a failing in one of the two at least. It either needs to be easier to build the things on windows, or pgxn would
needto learn to do binary distributions.

PGXN makes no effort to support installation on any platform at all. Happy to work with anyone who wants to add binary
distribution,but supporting multiple platforms might be a PITA. Maybe there’d be a way to integrate with the RPM and
.deband Windows repos (is there something like that for Windows?).

> Even if we get the building easier on windows, it'll likely remain a second class citizen (though better than today's
thirdclass), given the amount of windows machines that actually have a compiler on them for start. Pgxs in Windows
wouldbe a big improvement, but it won't solve the problem.

Yep.

David

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Parallel Index Scans
От: Jim Nasby
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Possible TODO: allow arbitrary expressions in eventtrigger WHEN