RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?

От McDermott, Becky
Тема RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you.  I should deploying a very simple container that has psql installed and make sure I can connect in a simple
waywith a username/password.  If this works, then the database is fine and it would definitely point to a java issue.

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 4:59 PM
To: McDermott, Becky <bmcderm@sandia.gov>
Cc: pgsql-general@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?

"McDermott, Becky" <bmcderm@sandia.gov> writes:
> So the logs for one of our Java servers that is attempting to connect to postgres is showing:
> Notice that the last "Caused by" is showing the "Unsupported PBKDF2 for SCRAM-SHA-256".  We are also using Hibernate
soperhaps the underlying problem is there?

This definitely looks like the problem is on the client side not the server side.  It might be worth asking on
pgsql-jdbcto see if it's that driver or not; but it could be coming from somewhere else in the Java ecosystem.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Can you install/run postgresql on a FIPS enabled host?