Re: Now using "yum.postgresql.org - RE: EnterpriseDB: PostgreSql 9.4 Where is the Language Pack Installer?

От Stephen Tahmosh
Тема Re: Now using "yum.postgresql.org - RE: EnterpriseDB: PostgreSql 9.4 Where is the Language Pack Installer?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thank you, Mark, for this information.

STeve

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Matthews [mailto:mem@object-craft.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:50 PM
To: Stephen Tahmosh
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ; Joshua D. Drake; pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: Now using "yum.postgresql.org - RE: [ADMIN] EnterpriseDB: PostgreSql 9.4 Where is the Language Pack
Installer?

mx is software released by these guys.
http://www.egenix.com
They all sorts of useful things for dealing with dates, proxies, etc You probably need mx Base.

Mark Matthews
General Manager
Object Craft Pty Ltd
Phone: +61 3 9654 9099
http://www.object-craft.com.au

> On 18 Jun 2015, at 5:48 am, Stephen Tahmosh <stahmosh@shieldsrx.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, this is very helpful.
> I have one more error:
> Two questions
> 1.  Do I need postgresql94-python.x86_64?
> 2.  If so, how do I get "mx" installed first?
>
> Thanks again!
> Steve
>

> I tried to install  the "python" associated with postgresql and got a "dependency on "mx""
> I couldn't determine what "mx" was
> The error
> --> Processing Dependency: mx for package:
> --> postgresql94-python-4.1.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Package: postgresql94-python-4.1.1-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64 (pgdg94)
>           Requires: mx
> You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could
> try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>

> I found plpython, tcl, and perl, and installed successfully in
> /usr/pgsql-9.4/share/extension
>
> As you suggested,  yum search postgresql94 got me the list of
> available packages
>
> STeve

Installer?

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2015-06-17 at 19:26 +0000, Stephen Tahmosh wrote:
>> I confirmed they are installed via "yum list" and located the core
>> postgres files but not the extensions I can't find out where the
>> plpython/plperl objects are.
>
> yum search postgresql94
>
> would give you names of all packages for PostgreSQL 9.4.
>
> so
>
> yum install postgresql94-plpython postgresql94-plperl
>
> would do the trick.
>
>> Also, How do I determine which version of python, perl, (tcl) are
>> supported with these language extensions?
>
> The versions supplied by the OS -- that is why using RPMs is a bit better choice.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR
>

> THIS MESSAGE (AND ALL ATTACHMENTS) IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY
CONTAININFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the
intendedrecipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communicationin error, please delete the message without making any copies and notify the sender so that we may correct
ourrecords. Thank you.

От: Mark Matthews
Сообщение: Re: Now using "yum.postgresql.org - RE: EnterpriseDB: PostgreSql 9.4 Where is the Language Pack Installer?
От: "AL-Temimi, Muthana"
Сообщение: database server crash und how can i check all tables