Re: Randomly slow queries over TCP, but not on localhost

От Scott Whitney
Тема Re: Randomly slow queries over TCP, but not on localhost
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Some of the Big Brains on this list might well have some better ideas...but...

I have to tell you how many times with how many products (Apache, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Lighttpd, Tomcat, the list goes on) I have been completely screwed by forgetting to check my DNS.

You might want to ensure that:

a) The PG server has DNS properly setup. Both forward and reverse.

b) Your test client is seeing the DNS records properly, both forward and reverse.

That might not be it, but I have lost many hours of my life to forgetting about that.