RE: pgAdmin v4.1 - positive feedback

От ldh@laurent-hasson.com
Тема RE: pgAdmin v4.1 - positive feedback
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Let me join the chorus... To some degree, my complaints seem minor today compared to 1y ago, so it’s much improved. My
organizationmade the move to Postgres 11, so I had no choice but to get re-acquainted with PGAdmin4 since III doesn't
workat all anymore.

So here are some suggestions. I know, it's easy to make suggestions, and I wish I knew how to code the client-side so I
couldmake some contribs, but I also think those suggestions may be fairly simple. Could you suggest some participation
Icould provide to help? Ticket, tracking, maybe doc?

  - One of the simplest features of PGAdmin III that I find myself missing EVERY DAY is simply the timer on the bottom
rightof the query window. When running queries, I often know how long they will take and so having that simple timer
whilethe query runs is very useful 😊

  - Another simple feature is the ability to continue editing some queries while one query runs. I often manage
multiplequeries and on III, i would run one query while editing/fixing/preparing the next query in the same editor. I
knowI could open another editor but it's just not as convenient, and on the browser, no quick ALT-TAB.

  - More importantly, I find the backend still flaky. I am still experiencing frequent backend errors, or reaching a
statewhere the whole front-end is broken. Short of going to the system tray and killing the backend server, there is no
otherway. I used to go to the Task Manager until I recently discover the "kill server" option on the tray. It'd be nice
tohave a menu option to "restart" the server from the browser UI and allow the UI to just survive a backend meltdown.

Thank you,
Laurent.