Postgres 9.4 unlogged table. Under any circumstance after server crash would data persist?

От Stephen Tahmosh
Тема Postgres 9.4 unlogged table. Under any circumstance after server crash would data persist?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

The goal was to minimize log activity during ETL.  The assumption was, once a Table load was “committed” the data would persist after a system shutdown.

Our database backup currently “aborts” the server (working to change to an orderly shutdown).

I have loaded data to an unlogged table, and committed on completion.

I am able to see the data in another session, so I am sure the data has been persisted.

Over night, our database is shut down (forced) for a backup.  The next morning, I find that the data in my unlogged table is gone.

Is there any case where this data, in an unlogged table, would persist through a server “crash”?  (however caused).

Thanks,

STeve

THIS MESSAGE (AND ALL ATTACHMENTS) IS INTENDED FOR THE USE OF THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL AND EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. If you are not the intended recipient, your use of this message for any purpose is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete the message without making any copies and notify the sender so that we may correct our records. Thank you.