when are the xxxin() functions called

От Rui Hai Jiang
Тема when are the xxxin() functions called
Дата
Re: when are the xxxin() functions called  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out when the following functions are called,

charin()
int2in()
int4in()
textin()

I used GDB for debuging. I set break points at each function and I did
following testing.
  create table abcin( id integer, name varchar(10), title text);  insert into abcin( id, name, title ) values (1,'tom',
'manager');

The result is, textin() was called to handle 'manager' assigned to
title, but charin(), int2in and int4in were not called.

Does anyone know when are charin(),int2in() and int4in() called?

Thanks,

Rui Hai