Re: Hung thread

От dhaval jaiswal
Тема Re: Hung thread
Дата
Re: Hung thread  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kevin/Dave,

I would really appreciate if you can help me to solve this issue. I have checked at network end and there is no idle session timeout policy between two segment (from tomcat to the db server).

Adding to that it happens some time only.

DB end i found below logs, however not sure whether it is reflecting for which connection.

could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer
unexpected EOF on client connection

From: dhavallj@hotmail.com
To: pg@fastcrypt.com
CC: kgrittn@ymail.com; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [JDBC] Hung thread
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:24:04 +0530

maxWait="30000" ms

From: pg@fastcrypt.com
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:47:25 -0400
To: dhavallj@hotmail.com
CC: kgrittn@ymail.com; pgsql-jdbc@postgresql.org

So it is possible that as Kevin said the test on borrow statement referred to a connection that was still in the TCP stack but had not timed out yet.

How long did you wait ?

Dave Cramer

dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
http://www.credativ.ca

On 28 October 2014 13:44, dhaval jaiswal <dhavallj@hotmail.com> wrote:
Following is the JDBC connection.

        <Resource name="jdbc/DB" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver" url="jdbc:postgresql://IP:PORT/DB_NAME"
        username="" password=""
        maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="30000"
        validationQuery="select 1" testOnBorrow="true"
        removeAbandoned="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="120" logAbandoned="true" />

There is nothing reflecting in the result of the pg_stat_activity.

There is no relevant logs found in pg_logs too.

Thread is not only stuck at the time of get connection. Some times at the time of query execution.

java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
 java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
 org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.readMore(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:145)
 org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.ensureBytes(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:114)
 org.postgresql.core.VisibleBufferedInputStream.read(VisibleBufferedInputStream.java:73)
 org.postgresql.core.PGStream.ReceiveChar(PGStream.java:274)
 org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1660)
 org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257)
 org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:500)
 org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:388)
 org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:273)
 com.eos.accounts.data.OrderAuthorization.loadOrderAuthorization(OrderAuthorization.java:102)
 com.eos.tally.reports.data.TallyOrder.getOrdersForTallyReport(TallyOrder.java:88)
 com.eos.tally.reports.SaleReport.setData(SaleReport.java:71)
 com.eos.tally.reports.AgentSaleReport.generateMap(AgentSaleReport.java:25)
 com.eos.tally.reports.AbstractTallyReport.generateTallyReport(AbstractTallyReport.java:171)
 com.eos.tally.reports.TallyReport.generateReport(TallyReport.java:112)
 com.eos.b2c.beans.callcenter.AccountingBean.downloadTallyAgentSalesReport(AccountingBean.java:602)
 com.eos.b2c.ui.B2cCallcenterNavigation.doGet(B2cCallcenterNavigation.java:1117)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
 javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

TCP_KEEP_ALIVE is 2 hours at the server level.