Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist
Дата
Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
i prefer cygwin as all the unix commands are available but mkuser and groupadd arent up yet..ugh
i have a bunch of apps already running..webapp servers..tomcat..glassfish..weblogic
and 2 other databases running and because I need god access (I cant run any of these as postgres user)

here is the rundown on RUNAS
> runas /noprofile /user:mymachine\administrator cmd
> runas /profile /env /user:mydomain\admin "mmc %windir%\system32\dsa.msc"
> runas /env /user:user@domain.microsoft.com "notepad \"my file.txt\""

whats *supposed to* happen is
RUNAS will run any command (the question is are we working with Windows Native Binaries or cygwin?)
with regards to cygwin
i can build postmaster.exe postgres.exe initdb.exe, libpgport_srv.dll and all the binaries using gcc and ld

not a big blocker.. I have a psql command prompt ..i can create roles users databases and tables now

btw:those ipc libraries seemed to be wrapped around the axle of elog statements but thats another topic
i commented out elog and replaced with printf..and all the ipc errors went away

thanks scott!
Martin Gainty

> Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 20:12:15 -0600
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL] psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist
> From: scott.marlowe@gmail.com
> To: mgainty@hotmail.com
> CC: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 8:10 PM, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > partial victory but
> > im baffled i started all commands with RUNAS /user:postgres
> > cd /postgres/pgctl/bin
> > RUNAS /user:postgres "initdb.exe -D /data"
> > RUNAS /user:postgres ""pg_ctl.exe" -D "/data" -l logfile start"
> > RUNAS /user:postgres "postgres.exe -D /data"
> >
> > but to get into postgres i have to
> > psql -u Admin
> >
> > now when i do
> > postgres-# \du
> >               List of roles
> >    Role name   | Attributes  | Member of
> > ---------------+-------------+-----------
> >  Admin | Superuser   | {}
> >           : Create role
> >           : Create DB
> >
> > yes i initially logged in as Admin
> > but I ran all the commands thru RUNAS /user:postgres
> >
> > currently unable to login as postgres as I have webservers,appservers
> > running under 'admin' space
> >
> > I'm confused as to the install under admin when i did the runas?
> > recommendations?
>
> You've exhausted my knowledge of running pg under windows I'm afraid.
> Must be how the windows installer works or something?

Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist
Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist