Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martin Gainty wrote:
> whats *supposed to* happen is
> RUNAS will run any command (the question is are we working with
> Windows Native Binaries or cygwin?)
> with regards to cygwin
> i can build postmaster.exe postgres.exe initdb.exe, libpgport_srv.dll
> and all the binaries using gcc and ld

cygwin compiled apps are still native win32 binaries, they are just are
using the services of the cygwin dll rather than regular win32 api calls.

btw, mingW has mSys, which also provides a set of unix style Gnu
commands, but these execute more natively, without a DLL like the cygwin
providinig faked unix API calls.

yes, mSys isn't as comprehensive as cygwin, however, its all the basic
stuff most folks need.

me, I'd rather go ahead and run my unix-ish stuff on a real unix server,
either a remote server, or something running in a vm (using virtualbox,
vmware server, etc)

Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist
Сообщение: Re: psql: FATAL: role "postgres" does not exist