Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Martin Gainty
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Re: MySQL versus Postgres  (Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@killerbytes.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Ray--

I would like to see in postgres:
1)Clustering
2)a more user-friendly interface to packages
3)eliminate the requirement to create a postgres user to execute the server binaries..I guess i never understood that requirement

I would like to see in MySQL:
A progression back to OpenSource ..i dont see Oracle championing 2 database products simultaneously
although under the same roof it would seem the engineering resources currently devoted to Oracle features could easily be re-factored to MySQL..
a prime example of a much needed requirement for MySQL ..When will MySQL implement row-level locking instead of just table-level locking?

Martin Gainty