Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts

От MUHAMMAD ASIF
Тема Re: PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I am on it , I understand your concern. I will send you the sample code and pldebugger details to test the logic ASAP
anaeem.it@hotmail.com<br/>> Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PLUGINS Functionlity in Win32 build scripts<br />> CC:
pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org<br/>> <br />> >> I've been assigned to review this patch, but I confess I'm a
little<br/>> >> murky on what problem it's trying to solve. Can you explain what I<br />> >> need to
doto recreate the problem?<br />> > In postgreSQL, Plugin modules should be installed in (Installation<br />>
>dir)lib/plugins to run properly. There is logic in src/makefiles/pgxs.mk for<br />> > handling shared objects
implementedas e.g. "Modules" variable that are<br />> > installed in (Installation dir)/lib. There should be some
wayto handle<br />> > plugins as well. We faced this issue during the integration of contrib<br />> >
modulepldebugger ( http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000175 ) with the<br />> > edb-postgresql code.
pldebugger/Makefilehandles plugins by itself,<br />> > Unix/Linux don't mind it because it build through make. On
windows,perl<br />> > scripts are used to build the system that relies on Makefiles that uses<br />> >
pgxs.mkvariables e.g "Modules" etc. It fails to build pldebugger that<br />> > implements its own plugin build
logicin its Makefile. Right now for us<br />> > there is only one plugin module but in future there may be
more.Insteadof<br />> > any workaround we come up to a better solution to handle plugins<br />> >
automaticallyby pgxs.mk as other shared objects are being handled on Unix<br />> > and Windows. We added PLUGIN
logicin pgxs.mk and windows perl build scripts<br />> > so that there is no need to handle plugins separately by
generic<br/>> functionality to cater to a single client, but the bigger problem is<br />> that even after reading
thisI still don't really know what I'm<br />> supposed to be looking at. I think you're saying that pldebugger<br
/>>contains some code that could be made simpler and less easily broken<br />> if this patch were applied. Is
thatcorrect? If so, please tell me<br />> where to download the pldebugger code and which file(s) to look in for<br
joinyour friends list with Windows Live Spaces. It's easy! <a
href="http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us"target="_new">Try
it!</a>

От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: Function with default value not replacing old definition of the function
От: "Rushabh Lathia"
Сообщение: Re: Function with default value not replacing old definition of the function