Re: Function with default value not replacing old definition of the function

От Rushabh Lathia
Тема Re: Function with default value not replacing old definition of the function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

2008/12/11 Rushabh Lathia <rushabh.lathia@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Testcase: (8.4 CVS head)
> ====================
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myfunc(y int)
> RETURNS INTEGER AS $$
>    select  100;
> $$ language sql;
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION myfunc(y int, x integer DEFAULT 100)
> RETURNS INTEGER AS $$
>    select  200;
> $$ language sql;
>
> select myfunc(10);
>
>  myfunc
> ----------
>       100
> (1 row)

no, it's little bit different

Default is only stored parameter value. You created two functions with
two different signatures

myfunc(int)
myfunc(int, int)

when you created function, we cannot check defaults, because we don't
know if anybody use default or not. And when you call function, then
postgres prefer function with most similar function.

Ok, but what if I want to call a second function with the default values. How can I call that function with default values?

regards
Pavel Stehule

--
Rushabh Lathia